When it comes to makeup brushes I am quite picky and sticking with one particular kind of brush set is defiantly not me at all. Personally I like to try different brands to see what results each brands have. In the case of why I bought these brushes the answer is I was visiting my mums for the weekend and once I was there I realised that I totally forgot to bring my makeup brushes with me ( whoops silly me ) so I wanted to get some quickly so I went to my local ASDA and once there I seen these in my makeup section for under £8. Since they were so budget friendly I decided to give them a whirl and I've been using them for the past month to give my full and very fair verdict on them.
EcoTools is defiantly a brand I have heard of before but just haven't got round to using until recently. EcoTools is a brand that has been around for nearly 10 years now and they make makeup brushes which are made out of recycled bamboo, they also make other products such as bath products and hair brushes. All of EcoTools products are also cruelty free, vegetarian and vegan friendly.
I was quite impressed at how many brushes I got in this packet, not only that it comes with a gorgeous green hemp cotton travel cotton carry case which I just love ( they are still in there now waiting for me to go use them at my mums house )
The Six Piece Starter Set Includes
- 1x Blush Brush
- 1x Eye Shading Brush
- 1x Angled Eyeliner Brush
- 1x Concealer Brush
- 1x Lash and Brow Groomer
- 1x Hemp Cotton Carry Case
The Six Piece Set and Uses
I know brushes are used for certain jobs but sometimes I use them for other makeup tasks too because they can be pretty great at multitasking.
- Blush Brush - This brush was so delectable and ever so soft! I use it to apply blushers and also highlighters. For highlights its great for going over blusher to give your skin a nice glow.
- Eye shading Brush - I used this for lots of different eyeshadow looks but thought it worked best at blending eyeshadows together.
- Angled Eyeliner Brush - I didn't use this as an eyeliner brush because I much prefer to use liquid or gel liners. I used this to shade in my eyebrows with dry eyebrow makeup, it worked pretty well doing that job.
- Concealer Brush - This has to be the most softest concealer brush I have ever tried! Believe me has a delight to actually use it. It blends in concealer perfectly. Its also great for contouring as it is so easy to use.
- Lash and Brow Groomer - I used to have one of these before but it disappeared so I am super glad this makeup brush set had one in it. This is great for brushing brows just before applying any brow makeup. I also use it to tame my brows before I tweeze my brows and it works wonderfully well for that! If you check my photos on Instagram you will see the difference its made.
- Hemp Cotton Carry Case - This is the perfect size for travelling as it can easily fit in a medium/large size handbag. I love the colour and design of this carry case.
I really like using these brushes and they are perfect to travel with since they include a very handy travel carry case. As much as I enjoyed using these makeup brushes I can't say they are my favourite brushes in the world because they are very light weight, I am so used to using heavier brushes that are a little easier to control. The design is gorgeous, I really love the colour of these brushes. The handles are bamboo and the metal round the bristles of the brush is a lovely recycled aluminium. The bristles are super soft but they do take a little longer to get enough makeup on them.
I really like all the brushes and they will be used every time I go travelling. My favourites from this are the blush brush and the eyebrow groomer for reasons I explained above.
Now the big question is ' Would I buy from EcoTools again?' The answer is a definite yes because they offer so many types of brushes in nice designs too. The company gets a high 5 from me for being a company that use recycled products to make products and thats one thing that needs to be done more of now with so much waste in the world today.
- Made out of recycled materials
- Cruelty Free
- Vegan and Vegetarian friendly
- Come with a carry case ( perfect for travelling)
- Nice designs
- Budget Friendly
- Not a con for everyone but they are lightweight
- Takes a few times for enough makeup on the brush
Can be found in ASDA I think, I also found them online too
- Feel unique
Have you tried EcoTools before? If so what have you tried?
Thanks for reading ♥
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me