When it comes to doughnuts I am very much like Homer Simpson! Ever since I can remember I have went to Tesco and bought the pink doughnuts with the sprinkles on them. Since then I have discovered more types of doughnuts than the usual ones I like such a krispy kreme which have many different flavours to choose from, my favourite at the moment is the nutella doughnut which is just delicous. I recently discovered another gem for my doughnut book and its a doughnut shop in Glasgow called Tantrum Doughnuts.
I first spotted Tantrum doughnuts on trip advisor on the top 10 bakeries in Glasgow and the name of the place just drew me in. I honestly feel like the cookie monster when he sees cookies except its doughnuts with me. The shop was first opened in late 2015 and is like a small coffee shop with hot drinks, smoothies and lots of different types of doughnuts to choose from.
The coffee shop is placed on a side street on old Dumbarton road.
35 Dumbarton Road
Its a very small coffee shop but it does have seating inside if you are looking to visit with a friend or someone ;). They are also dog friendly so its nice place to go for coffee and to bring your dog along after a walk.
I bought 4 doughnuts and a slush. The doughnuts are fresh and made in small batches and are hand crafted not made by machines, so once they run out for the day thats it.
They had an impressive choice of hot drinks, milkshakes,slushies and doughnuts. They are displayed so its a little bit easier to choose which ones you would like. They have the names next to them and the prices for eating in or taking away and of course the prices of the doughnuts. On the wall is the drinks menu and also the price list alongside.
- Blueberry old fashioned, Lemon glaze with crystallised basil
- Raspberry Jam Filled
- Pistachio and Hibiscus Ring
- Almond Old Fashioned
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Chocolate and Hazelnut filled with cinnamon sugar
- Orange and Vanilla Ring
- Maple Candied Bacon and Puffed Pork Crackling
- Black Forest Gateau
- Vanilla Creme Brûlée
What I bought
- Morello Cherry Slushie - This was made out of ice and cherries and it had 4 large soft morello cherries in it, it also had a bit of mint on it as a garnish. This was very refreshing compared to other slushies I have tried before because usually they are just artificial. This one tasted lovely and 100% like cherry, the mint complimented this very well.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Doughnut - This was filled with raspberry jam and topped off with swirled peanut butter and chopped peanuts. I loved the taste of this but it was a little rich for me on myself so I shared this with my partner. My partner loved this doughnut the most because one of his favourite sandwiches is peanut butter and jelly.
- Chocolate and Hazelnut filled cinnamon sugar Doughnut - This doughnut was covered in cinnamon sugar and the centre was filled with delicious hazelnut chocolate. This honestly gave nutella a run for its money, it was simply heavenly as the cinnamon and chocolate went together perfectly.
- Blueberry Cheesecake Crumble (not available anymore :( ) - This was topped with a lovely soft crumble and inside was a blueberry filling which was just gorgeous. This was one of my favourites and I hope they bring it back one day because it was lovely.
- Pistachio and Hibiscus Ring - This one was my absolute favourite! I would never of thought of the combination like this would be nice but it was way better then nice it was just so yummy! The combination of the sweet hibiscus and the nutty pistachio was one of my favourite doughnut combinations ever.
Things I loved
- The selection of doughnuts on offer and not just that also the combinations of flavours they have are just yummy.
- Mostly vegetarian - the only things not vegetarian are the marshmallows, the maple candied bacon and pork crackling doughnut.
- They are made fresh everyday by hand, not machines
- Dog friendly :)
Have you been to Tantrum Doughnuts before?
Thanks for reading ♥
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me