one of my new years resolutions this year was to get fitter and hopefully lose some weight, well that motivation to do that has finally kicked in for me now and I am so ready to start my fitness journey and hopefully get down to a UK size 10. At the moment in time I am over 13 stone and I am a size 16 and I know this sounds unbelievable but I am looking forward to the journey.
I have been planning it out for over a week now and have been eating healthier and excising more but having a plan like meal plans and exercise ideas makes it some much easier in the long term for me and thats one of the main reasons I am writing this blog post, so it keeps me motivated and keeps me on track for my goals.
Start weight - 13 stone Goal Weight 9 stone
Things I am changing
- Sugar - I know it sounds undoable but i have decided against putting sugar in my tea and coffee and using a more natural sweetener instead. I will be having natural sugars such as fruits and sugar found in yogurt.
- Less Carbs - I think I eat too much bread and chips so I will be reducing them, not completely but reducing them a lot, like I may just have chips on a Friday and have boiled potatoes or rice on the other days.
- Swap to wholemeal - This goes for bread and pasta as they are better for you as they contain fibre.
- Drink more water - I know this is said everywhere and I need to take note on this one and remember to have enough water throughout the day.
- Have treats every now and again - I need to plan them out instead of just having them randomly.
Apps I will be using
- My Fitness App - This app is a must, I just love how much this app has to offer, you put in all your meals and it counts the calories and also works how much calories lost during exercise. Another bonus about it is you can connect other fitness things up to it like fitbit and polar products. The other things I love about this app is that it shows you progress over time and has a forum.
- Don't give in to every craving - I have to say at the moment that no food is out but I know that needs to change. I won't be giving up my favourites but instead having them on cheat days like a Sunday.
- It won't happen over night - I must admit before I give up before to easily as I thought I wasn't loosing weight but I now realise it takes time and to stick it out and keep at it.
Goals for the week
- Plan all my meals
- Drink enough water
- Walk at least 10,000 steps a day
Hope you all loved this post and if you did I would appreciate if you followed me on my social media below. I hope you enjoyed reading about the start of my weight loss journey, keep an eye out for weekly updates. I will be posting more fitness inspired posts on my blog too, such as food, exercise and stuff like that.