Every now and again I just absolutely love quiet weekends in and after thinking back on all what I LOVE doing most on lazy weekends I thought I would share with you all my favourites things to do whenever a lazy weekend comes up. As much as I love a lazy weekend its not something I do every weekend its something maybe happens once or twice a month seeing as I am a full time mum of three beautiful children.
I know a lot of people like going out partying on a weekend or visiting a busy restaurant, but I much prefer a nice quiet weekend after a long week of taking the children to school, picking them up and other mummy and home duties.
15 things to do on a lazy weekend
- Read a new book - I have never read the harry potter books so I am starting my journey with them now. I just loved the movies and my mum and sister recommended to me to read the books as they are so much better then the films, I can't wait to find out.
- Have a Lush Bath - This is probably one of my favourite things of mine to do! I love relaxing in a lush bath after a very long day, they make me feel amazing and they smell gorgeous too.
- Colour a colouring book- I used to always draw and colour in but I stopped doing a couple years back till until recently I discovered my love for it again. At the moment I colour in adult colouring books and they are very relaxing and make me feel accomplished once I am finished.
- Listen to your favourite music - I just listening to my favourite music on lazy weekends and my all time favourites have to be Michael Jackson, Queen and Enrique Iglesias.
- Paint your nails - The weekend is usually the time I change my nail paint and I find it very relaxing. I usually paint my toenails and finger nails at the same time and after I have painted and they have dried I usually apply a hand cream.
- Moisturise - Even though I moisturise most days the weekend makes it so much more relaxing. I usually moisturise my body, my feet and hands.
- Use a face mask - After a long week they is nothing my skin loves more then a face mask to give it that uplift it needs. I usually use different types but my favourites are ones that cleanse the skin and improves its smoothness.
- Schedule blog posts - For me this is the perfect time to plan the week/months ahead blogs posts and even take blog photos if its a nice sunny day.
- Watch a new series on Netflix - I recently bought Netflix and now I'm just addicted to it. At the moment I love watching Mr Selfridge and would recommend it to anyone who wants to watch something new.
- Paint - This is an activity I love to do with my family and we manage to do it every weekend. We usually have a theme and they usually paint what they like, the last theme we had was flowers and they did some amazing painting, I loved joining in too.
- Bake - I love baking and nothing beats home made cupcakes and cakes, the smell of fresh baking in the kitchen always uplifts my mood. I like baking cupcakes and my children like decorating them.
- Candles - Any day of the week I just love scented candles whether it be a Yankee candle or any brand its a mood up lifter in the evenings. My favourite candles at the moment are floral scents like sweet pea and roses.
- Phone family and friends - I know it sounds very obvious but its a great time to catch up with old friends and phone our loved ones. The weekends are usually the only times I have to have a good long conversation with friends and family.
- Have Pizza - One thing I just love on a lazy weekend is Pizza! pizza is my favourite takeaway food and I can't resist eating it with wedges and garlic bread .... yum!
- Have a long walk or go to gym - I know its a silly suggestion for a lazy weekend but I really do think a bit of exercise to start the day makes a difference to the rest of the day. Once I come back from a long walk I feel refreshed and then I feel better with a lazy day.
I hope this list helps anyone planning a nice weekend in and its also a great list of things to do on a day off work when you just want to relax. I am planning a nice lazy weekend this weekend and I am looking forward to my lush bath followed by me reading Harry Potter with some chocolate and a packet of crisps.
What do you do on a lazy weekend?
Thanks for reading ♥
You can follow my blog via Bloglovin for future blog posts :)