I just love snacks and sometimes I am just in the mood for a Cadbury bar and I do like to treat myself every now and again.
I know we all deserve a treat every now and again but sometimes its a fabulous idea to try a healthier option that is not only healthy but tastes amazing too. These healthier options are things I have tried and I think they are brilliant alternatives and they are also great for helping you get your 5 a day.
5 Healthier Snack Options
- Chocolate - I like to sub chocolate with nakd bars and the are just so tasty and they have many flavours to choose from and they all are under 150 calories each. My favourites have to be bakewell tart and chocolate orange.
- Haribo/Skittles- This is the most fun and colourful one for me and it have to be a fruit salad! Fruit salads are the most simple way to get your 5 a day and they are super healthy and delicious.
- Crisps - I have recently swapped crisps for popcorn (not all varieties) as they usually have less calories and some varieties are gluten free and contain no artificial ingredients. They is also lower calorie crisps that are under 100 calories and they are quavers and wotsits, read the label and quite a few crisps will leave you pleasantly surprised.
- Biscuits - I found 2 alterative for biscuits and that is Special K bars as they are 100 calories a bar and they are decent sized too. As for the other flapjacks as they are full of oats and we all know oats are very good for us.
- Ice Cream - Seeing as its summer we all love our ice cream but they is fabulous alterative such as frozen yogurt and fruit sorbet which are very refreshing for the summer months
Don't forget everyone this is stuff I found to be a great alternative and its fine for us all to have a treat whenever we feel we deserve one.
What are your favourite healthy snacks?
Thanks for reading ♥