I just love baking cakes and one of my all time favorite cakes has to be the good old fashion carrot cake. Carrot cake can be made in so many different ways but I challenged myself to make it without eggs and with vegan butter so that its suitable for vegans, I love baking I want to share my recipes with everyone.
I find many ingredients go beautifully with a carrot cake but my personal favorite way of making it is with rasisns, whole carrot and some spices, it just adds a kick and goes so amazing with an iced coffee or anyway you like.
For the Cake-
- 100g of self raising flour ( I just use tescos own brand works well for me)
- 100g of Caster Sugar
- 100g of vegan butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Alpro Plain Yogurt
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 and half teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of Raisins
- 2 Tables Spoons of Pineapple Jam
- 50g of melted vegan butter
- Icing sugar
- Grated raw carrot
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Grease 2 21cm cake tins with the vegan butter with kitchen roll.
- Put the carrot into a blender, I used my nutribullet
- Put all the cake ingredients apart from the jam into bowl and whisk till a good thick consistency.
- Pour the cake mix evenly in the cake tins and spread evenly with the back of a spoon to get the cake mixtures roughly even.
- Put into the oven and let cook for roughly 25-30 minutes, keeping and eye till the are golden
- Let them cool for at least 30 minutes
- While waiting for the cakes to cool this is when you make the icing, melt the butter by putting bowl over a warm water then add the icing sugar until it has a frosting consistency, once that is achieved get cakes out of the tin and stick them together with pineapple jam.
- Frost the top of the cake only with the frosting and put the grated carrot on the top of the cake.
What should I bake next ?
Thanks for reading ♥