For me smoothies are just perfect as they are so versatile and you can make up any flavour combinations you want, even if you don't like what you make its just really fun making them, saying that most of the time smoothies taste delicious and are so refreshing, especially on a very hot day.
Smoothies are a simple way of getting fruit and vegetables in your diet and making up new smoothies is just brilliant and I came up with this smoothie a few days ago while opening my fast this Ramadan(Iftar) and its so simple yet so tasty with the main ingredients of almond milk, strawberries, bananas and of course dates.
Date and Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- 12 Strawberries - Strawberries are perfect at this time of year and taste so much sweeter than any other time of the year so its great to make the most of them.
- 4 Dates - I like most varieties of dates and any will work well in this smoothie, don't forget to take the seeds out the dates.
- 2 Bananas - The riper the better, I like bananas spotty as they are so much sweeter.
- 300ml Of Unsweetened Almond Milk - Any milk will work with this but almond milk is nice and light and quite refreshing especially if its been kept in the fridge.
- 2 teaspoons of Chia seeds - I use these as a topping on the smoothie, they look great as decoration and so many health benefits too.
This recipe is very simple and I just put all the ingredients apart from the chia seeds into my nutribullet and the smoothies were made, any smoothie maker or blender would work well though.
Sprinkle the chia seeds over the top of the smoothies once in the glasses.
What is your favorite smoothie?
Thanks for reading ♥